Friday, August 16, 2013

IRONING DAY


I was a child of the 50's and 60's and ironing was one of my chores as a young girl: sheets, pillowcases, hankies, shirts and anything else my mom put in the basket for me. I didn't exactly love to do it, and now,  given a choice, I prefer easy-care items that I can shake out from the dryer, perhaps do a bit of smoothing or finger pressing, and it's good to go. But hand-dyes? I love to iron my hand-dyes. The colors and patterns just pop out from their previous semi-interesting, wrinkled wad of potential.

So today was my ironing marathon for the basket of semi-interesting wads of potential that I created at our retreat last weekend. I had washed them and hung them on the line to dry, so to get best results, I had my spray bottle along to dampen them for best results.

So many pieces, not enough time!

No comments: