Monday, March 5, 2012

KITTY CAT PARADE


Here come the cats! Once again, Mazatlan's "Bow-Wow Meow" fundraiser is happening and I'm a loyal fan who loves to create something in the dog or cat line for their silent auction. This year, my husband was very sick with a bad case of the flu and I had a week of free nights to sew and create to my heart's content.

On my recent trip to San Cristobal de las Casas, I discovered an artist who is a new inspiration for my fabric work. Kiki Suarez is German born, now living in Mexico, and produces lively, colorful, whimsical art that sings of life. Her figures are simple and primitive and perfect for rough-cutting fabrics and creating collages from my hand-dyes.

Our local animal group, Projecto de Animales de la Calle (PAC), are a devoted group of individuals who work to care for our local street animals and to control their populations. Often times they post photos on facebook looking for someone to adopt these special cratures. Recently two of them went to a weeklong spay and neutering clinic in La Manzanilla, and hope to have a similar clinic here in Maz in the future.

These four pillows will soon belong to folks who support PAC!

No comments: