Wednesday, February 4, 2015

INSPIRED BY LIFE


Life is good! I recently returned from a short visit to Mexico where I experienced, once again, another amazing trip with my traveling group "Sisters of the Castor Beans". This year our group of eight went on a journey through the little advertised Mexican state of San Luis Potosi, located in the north central area of the country. We visited the capital city of the same name, two amazing "magic towns" (a tourism designation...Real de Catorce and Xilitla), beautiful rivers and waterfalls, all happy being together with good food and good laughter at our sides. The serotonin was flowing!

 Here we are getting ready for our canoe trip on Rio Tampaon.
And the Edward James gardens were amazing! This is worthy of a GOOGLE!
Beyond all of this adventure and fun, I was able to visit with my Mazatlan friends and of course my sewing ladies.
It was the first time I had seen them since our San Francisco trip, and of course they had brought lots of good food to share with us. We recounted our memories and had lots of laughs together.
I was so happy to see Paty again. She is the only one of the group who was denied a visa for the SF trip. She is the youngest and most educated of the group and the rejection by the officials at immigration was crushing to her. Happily she also received a box with a new machine and lots of fabric. Here she is holding Frances' beautiful new granddaughter, Helen.
I was able to finally divvy out the Day of the Dead fabric I acquired in San Francisco. I know they will come up with some great creations!
 Vilma and the ladies made some beautiful tops for Bev!


Once again, I said "adios" to my Mazatlan... Until next year!

No comments: