Monday, May 20, 2013

JOURNALING AND MORE JOURNALING

I've been doing a lot of that lately...journaling. Cloth Journaling. For two different purposes:
1. My Cybre Fibers group
We have 12 wonderfully challenging themes this year: Underwater,Victory, Balance, Reflections, If Pigs Could Fly, Wisdom, Finally, Ritual, Faces, Intersections, The Humble Bumblebee, and Crystal Ball. Now that's a mouthful, and a full and delicious plate of journal topics to play with. Here are some I created recently. Can you figure out which themes these are????


This is a sweet little poem about TRAVELING by James Reeves.
 

I really love this little piece, along with it's message.
 
 
My sweet little birds.
 
 
The name of this one is Glacier Bay.
 
 2. and my recent Signs of Life Project: Since November, I have been journaling my travel experiences. This gypsy quilter has been on the move this year: Jacksonville, Mazatlan, Kentucky, Guatemala, Guadalajara, Colima, Seattle, and points between. I've been journaling on cloth (in the same format as my Cyber Fibres group) throughout my journeys and telling the story behind them. It's an immensely fulfilling and motivating project.

Stay tuned!

No comments: